> I have a question:
>     if I modify a JSP under tomcat4 i don't see any change in browser because
> tomcat4 get the .class of JSP in cache (directory work)
>
> How can I say to recompile the jsp if there are changes in java??

This is strange. I'm using Tomcat 4.0b5 and had problems only once (I had to
manually fix my system's time, and that changed the timestamps so that the
older cached versions had "newer" timestamps than the JSP file I was editing).

Otherwise I always get automatic recompilation if I only change the
JSP file (if I change a package I call from there I have to go through
hoops, but that's another story).

This was on linux.
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and