Hello :

I can't get my 403 (forbidden) error page to show up.  Instead, I get the
standard 403 error message on my browser (yes, friendly error messages are
turned off on IE).  My 404 page works and its virtually identical to my 403
page.  What am I doing wrong?

I have the following entry in my ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml :

   <error-page>
      <error-code>403</error-code>
      <location>/security/status/forbidden.jsp</location>
   </error-page>
   <error-page>
      <error-code>404</error-code>
      <location>/security/status/notfound.jsp</location>
   </error-page>

The following messages appear in my logs :

XmlMapper: new null org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage error-page
ErrorPage[errorCode=0, location=null]
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setErrorCode( 403)
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setErrorCode( )
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setLocation(
/security/status/forbidden.jsp)
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setLocation( )
XmlMapper: Calling org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addErrorPage
ErrorPage[errorCode=403, location=/security/status/forbidde
n.jsp]
XmlMapper: pop error-page org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage:
ErrorPage[errorCode=403, location=/security/status/forbidden.jsp]
XmlMapper: new null org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage error-page
ErrorPage[errorCode=0, location=null]
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setErrorCode( 404)
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setErrorCode( )
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setLocation(
/security/status/notfound.jsp)
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage.setLocation( )
XmlMapper: Calling org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addErrorPage
ErrorPage[errorCode=404, location=/security/status/notfound
.jsp]
XmlMapper: pop error-page org.apache.catalina.deploy.ErrorPage:
ErrorPage[errorCode=404, location=/security/status/notfound.jsp]

My code is purposely throwing the following :

HttpServletResponse hres = (HttpServletResponse) sres;
hres.sendError(HttpServletResponse.SC_FORBIDDEN);

Thanks!

...Casey

Casey Bragg - Software Engineer
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.  Dallas, TX