> can some-one tell me what are all the steps to be taken to host a jsp
> page. for now i have tomcat on NT. for the build ( one using ant ) to
> execute what all details do i have to take care of ? especially the
> web.xml file ...
> what will it contain - as there are no servlet specific details ...

This is a VERY rudamentary question.  Please read the documentation, as
you always should, then if you still don't understand, read the
documentation
again, then if you STILL don't understand search the list archives
thoroughly, then finally you should post a question if you don't understand.

While this list is for tomcat users to help each other learn the nuances of
tomcat it is not here to spoon feed those who wish to simply be given the
answers to their question with no work on their part.

Typically, you can find the answer more quickly on your own anyways.
Especially,
on a weekend.

Note:  The reason I post this to the list is so everyone is aware that
         this is the way a mailing list SHOULD be utilized.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com