1.  You don't need tools.jar in your path, you need it in your
classpath.
        2.  *.class NEVER, EVER goes into a lib folder, only *.jar does.

        In short, undo everything that you have done since you installed
Tomcat.  Make sure that you set your JAVA_HOME correctly (this will add
tools.jar to the classpath in most configurations).  If that doesn't work,
then add tools.jar to your classpath.

        Randy