Just a wild guess: may be you are missing SHA-1 security provider?
See if you can get it in a separate download from Sun.

--V.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henderson, Kevin CECOM RDEC STCD
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 8:35 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: newbie (or a dummy?)

I am trying to run tomcat 3.2.2 and cocoon 1.8.2 on a win2k box.
I followed all instructions to setup tomcat to work with cocoon, and when I
try to run tomcat (w/ tomcat run, cause a new window closes to fast!) , the
output looks normal up until this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: internal error: SHA-1
not available
        at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom.init(SecureRandom.java:89)

... the error stack goes on for twenty or so lines...

I really would like to get this shtuff working!  what have I overlooked?
THANK YOU  ;P

{then when I try to put the error trace to a file for the sake of my hand->
(tomcat run >err.txt), the output is there up until the errors, then it says
error report can be found in    <TOMCAT_HOME>/logs/tomcat.log ... but its
not there!}

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.