I assume your IIS Home Directory is set to something other
than "TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT", such as the IIS default
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot".  Since IIS will serve static resources,
a URL like http:/x.com/images/index.html will look for a
file named "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\images\index.html" which
likely doesn't exist.

I'm not familiar with IIS enough to know how well
isapi_redirect can take control of the "root" context.
You can try pointing IIS's Home Directory to
"TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT", which should allow those
missing pages to be found.

I can't tell if http://x.com/admin/ showing Tomcat's admin
webapp should be expected without seeing the uriworkermap
file you are using.  If the right statements are present
this behavior would be normal.

Note, the comments above makes some assumptions about your
configuration that haven't actually been specified. For
example, I am assuming you are using a version of
Tomcat 3.2.x.

Cheers,
Larry