In the past, the cases of "double loading" I've seen have all been
because an auto-loaded context (created by "AutoSetup" from the
webapps directory) was also manually loaded as a second context, i.e.

        <Context path="/othercontext"
                 docBase="webapps/examples"  ...

Each context gets its own instance of servlets.  As a result,
init() is called twice, once for each context.

There isn't enough information below to tell if this is the
source of the double-loading.

Cheers,
Larry