Yes, of course including the jdbc jar in WEB-INF/lib is gonna make the .war
platform specific in so far as the database is concerned.  What other option
do you have, though?  ... do you plan to distribute EVERY jdbc type 4 driver
with your application?  Wouldn't it be easier on you and maybe your clients
to include just one 'example' jdbc driver in the .war and make an install
note to replace it with the client's jdbc driver of choice along with
whatever config info you include.  They're gonna have to config the driver
anyway, what's an extra drag and drop.

- Richard

--
Richard Draucker [EMAIL PROTECTED]