At 02:46 PM 8/15/2001, you wrote:
>   I'm trying to run Tomcat on W2K disconnected from
>the Internet.  In asking for help, I got one reply
>which said
>What solved the last of my disconnected-laptop
>issues (on Win98 at least)
>was adding a LOCALHOST entry in
>"c:\windows\hosts" (create it if needed):
>
>   127.0.0.1 localhost
>
>Win98 looks here first before it tries accessing
>your configured DNS
>servers, which is when it would try to access the
>network.
>
>Unfortunately, my system already has hosts files and
>they all include 127.0.01 localhost.  Thanks.

No, it MUST be "127.0.0.1", what you have there is
a typo. Also, there's only one file it should be in,
"hosts". Anything else is a mistake or a Microsoft
machination (LMHOSTS is not a traditional network config
file). If that's not working for you try addressing
your server as "http://127.0.0.1/"; + your tomcat examples
dir, that will work.