I'm currently looking at trying to use JNDIRealm for authentication and I've
come up with a number of questions. I'm wondering if anyone knows the
answers to any of the following questions.

1. Does anyone have it working that can provide an example entry of what
should go in server.xml and also an example entry for a user (and a role, if
separate entry is required for that)?

3. What are the specific digest formats that are supported with regard to
the userPassword attribute? Clear-text and MD5, or are there more? Does it
support crypt? Also, does it check all userPassword values or only one?

2. Is it possible to get it to bind as the user being authenticated and not
require access to the userPassword attribute? If not, why? I'm guessing
performance, but, this is problematic because it requires the password to be
in a specific format. Also, it is less secure since the password is sent out
over the wire even if it is encrypted and it won't work with directories
such Active Directory which won't let you query the password attribute.

4. Does it query the server for each page request, or does it do caching?

Jon