If you created the bash script not in vi, but eg adjusted stuff in write and
saved it, you need to fix the lineendings.. (there is a util for that which
was added again on rh7.1, but I forgot the name).. You can test if this is
the problem by moving the script to eg tomcat_old do a vi tomcat and do
something that show up at the screen.. If that works, you know for sure that
your bash file is messed up.. Also a hint : try running it after startup and
see if it works..

Mvgr,
Martin