On Saturday 18 August 2001 17:17 pm, you wrote:
> > without the SSL engine. They want to use their own SSL
> > accelarator however
>
> <freeware geek>No doubt one they're going to charge your company for!</fg>

You must be joking. We're charging them :) It's just the twisted way they
like to deploy things.

> > It must detect that as it isn't doing the SSL, and the SSL
> > accelarator has
> > decoded the SSL stream from the user, the connection is insecure and it
> > therefore uses HTTP and not HTTPS.
>
> I would agree.  Tomcat has no knowledge that SSL is in use and returns the
> appropriate URL.
>
> > Is there anyway to override this behaviour?
>
> Hmm...  generate all URLs by hand with a custom tag?
>
> <myTags:encodeURL>/someDir/somePage.jsp</>
>
> ...and I don't think you'd be able to use a RequestDispatcher to forward
> requests either.  Maybe one of the TC devs can reply if interceptors or
> valves or something could help.
>
> I'm not too experienced with all of this, but I figured I'd try and help
> out nonetheless ;)

ta :) Well I can't really recode the urls. I have no problems using my own
urls, infact I have an object which reads a .rc file that tells the web
engine where it's deployed, so it can create links like:

<%= WebDefaults.ROOT_PATH + "myImages/moo.gif" %>

WebDefaults.ROOT_PATH is the path from / that this jsp is deployed. But I
started using this in my novice days. I'm sure there is a method to get that
for me ? :)

The actualy problem is the initial redirect when the client says to the
server:

GET / HTTP/1.0

and the server returns a redirect to:

http://whatever/index.jsp