From: Zortan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 11:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: getting started...

    Hello!

    I'm new to Tomcat... The problem is... I've started Tomcat on Win2000 in
a new window - from a shell [command: tomcat startup]... How to test it via
examples? I've set TOMCAT_HOME, JAVA_HOME variables... Just don't know how
to run any example... What are the first steps? There is a folder /webapps
with some servlets but i try to run them (index.html .... ) but nothing
happens... Just: How to executre simple HelloWorldServlet example from the
Tomcat package ????????

    And.. .jsp file are not recognized... What should I set first?

    Please help me if you can...

    Best regards,
    Paul