From: Brett M. Bergquist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 1:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ContextManager: SocketException reading request, ignored

Dan, I might be able to help on your second problem.  I've read and
experienced that on HP-UX 11, that the there is an issue on closing a socket
with a read pending.  We have Tomcat 3.2 running on HP-UX 11 and I needed to
add the following to the line that starts Tomcat.  This is a parameter
passed to the java jvm:

     -XdoCloseWithReadPending

You can search on "doCloseWithReadPending" on the HP site and see what this
relates to.