Hello,

The website we are devloping is being developed by several different
development groups where each group is developing a separate
sub-context.

So the URLs  might be   /MainContext/SubContext1 and
/MainContext/SubContext2  with group1 responsible for the content in
SubContext1 and group 2 responsible for the content in SubContext2.

I understand the .WAR file specification when everthing is at the top
level context but I am not sure how to organize the content  to create
sub-contexts.

Is it required that everything be packaged into a single .war file with
just a single  WEB-INF directory and a single web.xml file?      Having
just a single WEB-INF directory and a single web.xml results in a
coordination issue between the development groups.

Thanks,
Keith