I'm in the process of building servletapi-3.2.3 in preparation for
building Tomcat 3.2.3.  The README mentions the need for jaxp.jar and
parser.jar.  I downloaded the Java API for XML Parsing implementation
1.1 and jaxp, crimson, and xalan.jar are there but not parser.jar.

My guess, which comments posted on  comp.lang.java.programmer seem to
validate, is that Sun has done away with parser.jar and replaced it with
crimson.jar.  Is this correct and the README just hasn't caught up yet?
Since I'm doing all of this to be able to eventually use Cocoon, and it
needs xalan.jar, should I forego that requirement when I come to it when
installing Cocoon?

Thanks - Tod