You can do this with a relative path.  In other words, don't start it
with a "/".  For example, I have an application myapp in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myapp.  If a JSP in myapp requests a Javascript,
image, or anything else in the same directory, it's just '<script
language="JavaScript1.3" src="./myscript.js">' or '<script
language="JavaScript1.3" src="myscript.js">'.  If the requesting JSP was
in a lower diretory, say myapp/test, the I use '<script

Ramesh Yerneni wrote:

> Can someone tell how to provide location of a file without giving
> complete path in jsp?
> I am including javascript file in jsp for validations. I couldn't get
> it to work unless if I give the complete path which is what I am
> trying to avoid. TIA

Thad Humphries               "...no religious test shall ever be required
Web Development Manager       as a qualification to any office or public
Phone: 540/675-3015, x225     trust under the United States." -Article VI