Hello,
so finally JDBC realms is working here, and I use a form-based login. I have
protected everything in my project with the "/*" URL-pattern. So when I
access the project directory I automatically get redirected to the
form-based login page. After I login successfully, Tomcat sends me to some
gif file deep inside the directory tree of my project. And there is no link
from my login page to that gif. So I wonder how it comes that Im redirected
to there, looks more like a random thing. But if I restart the server the
same thing happens.

I would expect to be redirected to the directory I chose to access( in this
case the root of my project) so that I see a listing of the directory files.

Thanks for any help

Roland