Hi,

I'm writing a web application that uses some javascript (in an external file
menu.js) that displays some dynamic menus.  Each of these menu options then
goes to a specific URL.

What I want to do is insert some JSP elements into the menu.js file so that
when the client requests the file, all URLs go through the
request.encodeURL() method to append any session data to the URLs.  The
problem is that Tomcat only seems to want to compile files with a .jsp
extension.

I've got Tomcat running through APJ13 with apache (mod_jk.so), and have used
the jkmount directive in the mod_jk config file to forward all *.js requests
to Tomcat, but tomcat won't compile it.  It just sends me the raw text
instead.

Basically, what I would like to know is how to get tomcat to compile files
that have JSP elements in them, but do not have the .jsp extension.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Tarwinder Dhak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Transact Group
Development

Legal Disclaimer: Internet email communications are not secure and
therefore the NetInvest Group does not accept legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
NetInvest Group unless otherwise specifically stated.