Using any tomcat 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.2.3, I get the same socket exception after few
minutes of usage :

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:413)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(SimpleTcpEnd
point.java:267)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(SimpleT
cpEndpoint.java:248)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.jav
a:319)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080] shutdown
due to
exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort

Tomcat server hangs up and doesn't respond to requests anymore.
Our system is SUN Solaris 5.6 (patch level is fine). It happens on other similar
 server. This problem occurs on many projects around tomcat.

Is there anyone who manage to solve such a problem ?

     thanks,
     Stéphane SENART

Ce message peut contenir des informations confidentielles protegees
par le secret professionnel.
Si vous avez recu cet e-mail par erreur, nous vous remercions de bien
vouloir nous en aviser et de le detruire immediatement.

This message may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify
us and destroy it.

Credit Agricole Indosuez