Hi All,
I recently downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.0 b7. I found it to be quite
responsive and remarkably faster than it's predecessors. However, my joy was
short-lived when I found out an application which I had written and
extensively tested under Tomcat 3.2.2. was not working in the T4.0 b7
environment - I kept getting a NullPointerException error. I snooped around
a bit and found out that the following piece of code was the culprit:

File directory = new File("../webapps/humantrack/forms");
File files[] = directory.listFiles();

Now, here's the strange thing: "directory" isn't null but the array,
files[], is! This code works without change in T3.2.2 as files[] doesn't
return a null value. What's wrong?

Regards,

Paul