I am not sure if this is the culprit and I haven't tried it out. In the
server.xml, look for these lines. set suppress="true".

        <!-- "default" handler - static files and dirs.  Set the
             "suppress" property to "true" to suppress directory listings
             when no welcome file is present.

             NOTE:  This setting applies to *all* web applications that
             are running in this instance of Tomcat.
          -->
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor"
            debug="0" suppress="false" />

:~)
Ricky Y. Artigas
Analyst/Programmer /