"srini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ho sorry Craig i was talking about CPU usage. I know first time it
> translates JSP page in to Java and compiles it. But is it that much
> intensive to eat 80-100% of memory ??

It seem to me you're confusing again CPU usage with memory... 80%/100% IS
the CPU percentile activity...

> I am running my application on Apache+Tomcat. For many of the pages
> it takes 90-100% even though they are not first time visiting pages. It has
> Database connections. what is the problem ?? do i need to check the code or

No, it means that the baby _is_ working... It's normal for a CPU to be used
when you process some data, the JVM and APACHE are using all the available
CPU power to deliver the response as soon as possible... If it's a peak
(meaning that after you hit the page the CPU goes back to your normal load
cycle) it's normal... If it stays up at 80% 100% all the time, then, there
is a problem...

    Pier