Hi friends,
           This is my first mail to such a wondefull group.Well I just
downloaded Tomcat Rc2 (and tried to convince my boss to use it).
But frankly speaking I found some weird diffiulty installing Rc1 & Rc2.
Now I understand that Tomcat 4 has a major architecture changes like
Custom Classloaders & places to store jar files etc.
But I have some queries hope I will be guided properly.
Doubt No.
1. Since Tomcat 4 uses its own Classloaders it does not recognise the JDK
CLASSPATH variable.Now what do I do if I want a set of libraries which I
have installed in JDK(set in CLASSPATH variable) & also to be used by
tomcat. Putting things in two places wold be cumbersome.Dont youall feel so.
2. If I try to add CLASSPATH in the catalina.bat file along with its
CLASSPATH then TOmcat starts giving out strange errors. For e.g In my app I
was using Custom Tags & appending the classpath in catalina gave me
NoClassDefFound for TagSupport class of JSP when the Sample Custom Tag
example worked normally. How do I integrate JDK classpath with Tomcat
CLASSPATH without any hitches.
3. I am believing that Tomcat no longer allows extraced classes in the lib
dir. only .jars are allowed & all non-jars libraries should be kept in
classes dir. but this is very non-intutive coz it confuses us with servlets
& libraries. Should the pre-Tomcat 4 standard of keeping non-jars in lib &
then brought into CLASSPATH in tomcat.bat/catalina.bat work. Any specific
reasons.

THere are many more doubts guys but please enlighten me with these atleast.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
Jiger