The web is not that complicated a paradigm and trying to shoehorn it into a
rich GUI environment can be a real headache. (At least that's my experience)

Furthermore people using a web app aren't necessarily used to having to
navigate that rich GUI. IMO part of the web's success is that it has a
simpler interface model. Make a web app look like a web app not a VB App and
your users will be happier and your training costs lower.

If you are just looking for the ease-of-deployment that comes with a web app
but really need a rich client front end I'd recommend checking out java web
start (look on the javasoft web site) as a way to automatically deploy
changes in a SWING based app to clients.

HTH