I've been running apache for years and want to move to an xml-based
operation. I found cocoon sported the best features (without having to move
to IIS - God help us). I got Jakarta / Tomcat installed and running fine but
cocoon2 always bombs out saying, "The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
available..." but there is a sitemap file in the /cocoon/ URI.

Anyway, my real question is whether or not jsp and servlets (namely, cocoon)
can be served / used on port 80 (instead of 8080) while running my working
apache server? Is this what mod_jk.so is for? I say it in the archives as a
replacement for the depricated mod_jserv.so, which I've used with little to
no problem in the past.

Any comments would be appreciated and if anyone got cocoon working before
(especially as part of the main site running apache), please let me know.
I'm a newbie to tomcat but not servlets nor apache so be brutal with the
tech-talk. TIA

Heath Stewart
Systems Administrator / Developer
EsotericRealm