The construction of an InitialContext will look for system properties:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url=localhost

The above values are for use with JBoss, but essentially those properties
should be set for the InitialContext constructor to work.  What I would do
is a System.getProperty() for each of the above property and see what the
values are.  I suspect that the values specify a JNDI implementation that
you might have downloaded on trial, and the trial period has
expired... does that make sense?

let me know

hth
dim