On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Firestar wrote:

> I'm using TC 4.0, and my servlets (due to some
> constraints) must be placed in a separate folder, e.g.
> E:\myclasses\servlets instead of the recommended
> Servlet Deployment structure, i.e. WEB-INF/classes or
> WEB-INF/lib.
This is not "recommended" it is required.  Its laid down by the servlet
specification how a servlet container handles web applications, and what
the structure of a web application should be.

> Is this possible in TC? I know in JRun it is possible
> to do so by specifying the classpath to my servlets in
> the configuration file.
Anything's possible....  the simplest way is to change the catalina.sh to
include your classpath, but this is plain _wrong_, what you would be
better off doing is changing your build/deploy process so that you have a
properly structured webapp.

for more info check out http://java.sun.com/products/servlets

cheers
dim