And you could make a web server that handled an "HTTP GIVEME" command
instead of "HTTP GET".., and a client to go with it, but if its not
standard, the you will get locked into that server and client... a much
more extreme example, but the same principle.

I constantly hear of how hard it is to port from JRun, but I must admit
(naively) not understanding the complexities involved in moving classes.

not trying to be rude, or more accurately, trying not to be rude (o:

cheers
dim