Hi,

I am trying to build Tomcat 4.0 from source on windows. I am following the steps given
in the build.txt.
when i am doing ant dist, it gives me compilation error for classes related to servlet
API saying certain method doesnt exist even though the method is present in the
interface.
for eg it gave me following error
    [javac] C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-rc1-src\catalina\src\share\org\apache\catalina
\authenticator\FormAuthenticator.java:418: Method getParameterMap() not found in
 interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
    [javac]         Map parameters = hreq.getParameterMap();
    [javac]                                              ^

Could you please help.

Regards,
Nitin