> Jeesch, Dr. Evil, I gave you a logger that does fancier logging and has no
> setup.  You didn't like it?  It also has simpler code in the class.  And, it
> does automatic type identification on the fly.  Whatchawant?  ;-)

Sorry, Marcel, I couldn't figure it out.  I was extremeley extremely
frustrated that night by not being able to get prepared statments to
work and having no debugging output and then looking at log4j's
enormous installation guide... but I did manage to get log4j installed
and it works fine.

Your logger's auto-object detection is cool, I must way.

Now with log4j everything is on track.  Tomcat works.  The learning is
painful though.