From: Dr. Evil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 October 2001 10:58
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Opinions on detecting browser type for WML vs. HTML

> What do you mean by "The 'user-agent' header always contains the string
"UP.
> Browser"
>
> I bet you 100 pounds that it doesn't. A Nokia phone on a Nokia or CMG
> Gateway will not have "UP" anywhere.

Right, I looked into that and UP.browser is a particular kind of
browser.  Not all mobiles will have it.  It looks like there is a lot
of variation out there, so I will just look through my server logs for
clients that have unusual browser types and add them in.

Now, maybe you can answer another question: Is there any way to detect
the phone number of the browser, or anything else that would let me
send a WAP push back to the same browser?