Hello.

Is there a way to run Tomcat 3.2.3 or 4.0 so that the server will listen
on a specific host interface (IP address)?

For example, my machine has two IP addresses (123.123.123.123 and
111.111.111.111). I would like to run two instances of Tomcat on port 80
each one listening on one of the interfaces respectively. I specifically
don't want to use Virtual Hosting.

The server.xml file on both versions of Tomcat seem to take a port
parameter but not a host parameter.

One way to solve this of course is to use Apache as a front for Tomcat.
But I would like to use Tomcat as a standard alone web server if at all
this is possible.

Thanks for any help.
Prasanna.