Please HELP:
I don't know if what I am seeing is standard behavior or something I am
doing wrong.

I have the following in my web.xml file:
    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>CardServlet</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/Cards/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

The servlet at this point only writes out a simple hello page and debug
output of getPathInfo() and getRequestURI() but it will do some pretty heavy
processing which I don't want done twice. What is happening is as follows:

I submit the URL:
/foo/Cards/a/b/aCard.jsp
The servlet debug prints:
pathInfo=>/a/b/aCard.jsp
requestURI=>/foo/Cards/a/b/aCard.jsp
pathInfo=>/a/b/
requestURI=>/foo/Cards/a/b/

I submit the URL:
/foo/Cards/aCard.jsp
The servlet debug prints:
pathInfo=>/aCard.jsp
requestURI=>/foo/Cards/aCard.jsp
pathInfo=>/
requestURI=>/foo/Cards/

What I thought should happen is that I would only get called once. Is what I
am seeing the proper behavior or am I doing something wrong? Help. The first
time the servlet gets called with what I would expect the second call is
really throwing me for a loop.
Thanks for any help given.