On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Evan Swanson wrote:

> I am using IE5.0 in both situations. The only difference is going from
> TC3.2 on windows to TC4.0 on HP Unix. I would think that the IE would
> be making the decision on how to handle the file by the extension name
> but it is not.

technically speaking it should (and by the sounds of it is) be looking at
the mime type.

> Is MIME type something you can configure on Tomcat?

I'm not on solid ground here, so I'll let someone else answer it.  I know
that in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml and $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml there
are mime-types listed, but I'm not sure if changing them will change the
behaviour (I remember a lot of discussion about this a few months back in
relation to tc3 and my memory is that the conf/web.xml is not read by the
container, but I could be wrong).

So if someone else with firm knowledge could answer that one we'd both
be wiser (o:

cheers
dim