Frank and others,

I have been experiencing similar problems. Not sure how to fix it
because my errors were with an org.xml.sax.Attributes method. I
found that it is defined in at least 4 jar files on my class path. I remember
reading in the documentation that the parser supplied by Catalina is not
shared by applications. I also found that the method not found error
manifests itself differently depending on the JDK that I am using. If I
use IBM's 1.3 JDK quite a few of my pages work. With Sun's 1.3.1
JDK it fails on all pages, and Sun's 1.2.2 is somewhere in between.

Can anyone point me to something that documents how we should
set this up? I realize that duplicating classes in jar files is not a good
practice but it must be fairly common, quite a few projects include the
org.xml and W3C classes in their distributions.

Thanks,

David Morris

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/24/01 09:11AM >>>
I don't know what the right answer is, but I got my app to
pick up the xerces parser by putting it in the jre lib\ext
directory (e.g. F:\jdk1.3.1\jre\lib\ext).

You might also try the tomcat common\lib.

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.