On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Martin Mauri wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:13:09 -0300
> From: Martin Mauri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Starting up Catalina
>
> Hi users,
>
> I'm facing the following problem trying to start up Catalina 4.0.1
>
> I cannot add extra libreries ".jar" files to the server because they aren't
> added to the run CLASSPATH, however in the earlier versions of TOMCAT, the
> script added all the jars in the lib directory to the run classpath...ok, am
> I missing something?? can anybody tell me if I have to copy+paste the
> startap script of earlier versions or just modify another thing??
>
> thanks in adcane.
>
> Martin

Tomcat 4.0.1 also makes all the JAR files in the "lib" directory available
to web applications, but does so in a manner that does not use the
CLASSPATH environment variable.  There are too many platform-specific
problems (especially on Windows) to make CLASSPATH use safe.

For information on how Tomcat 4 makes classes available to various class
loaders, see the included documentation, or look online:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Craig