I didn't install from RPM, so I don't know what the init script looks like.
It might or might not start the security manager.   If Reid's suggestion to
check the MySQL permissions doesn't help, check out the comments at the
bottom of catalina.policy for how to set security permissions for the
security manager inside TC4.

I thought since you had it working under TC 3 that the authentication with
MySQL wouldn't be the problem.  As a diagnostic for MySQL, you could use the
command line from your server to authenticate the same as your TC server
(same user and password) and see what you get.

--David Smith