Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with Tomcat 3.2.1

When I call "tomcat.sh stop" it shows the PATH used for the classes and then
it says "Stop Tomcat". But when I try to restart it typing "tomcat.sh
start", it gives the following error:

FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:408)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:121)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerS
ocketFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

Of course, it's a socket error meaning that it wasn't actually stopped...

Ok, I can't figure out why...