Hello, I have a webapp with custom taglibs that was running fine with
Tomcat4 b6.

I installed Tomcat 4.0.1 and copied over my application to a subdirectory
under webapps but when I attempt to run it my JSPs now won't compile, giving
me lots of taglib-related error messages such as 'Undefined variable or
class name: BodyTag, Tag, etc.

I've got servlet.jar (the servlet API 2.3 75K one) in my common/lib and I
also tried adding it to my webapp lib but the problem remains.

When I look at the servlet java file that Tomcat creates from the JSP, it
appears there is a missing import line, such as "import
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.*" causing the compiler to not recognize BodyTag
and Tag from the javax.servlet.jsp.tagext package.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

-Brian