Hi all,

I have to tranfer data from a html form to a servlet, by using the HTTP POST
request.

I do it by javascript:

myWin = window.open("../servlet/myServlet?query="+myQuery);

I wonder what's the maximum allowed data to send with a POST command. And the
GET?
I had a look in the RFC but didn't find any size limitation. But there is one,
because I get an exception
if my URL is too large...

Is there a way to setup the web server (I'm currently using Tomcat
standalone 3.2.1) to accept more data?

Thanks for any info.

    Sonia.