With POST I don't know any size restrictions.
We have used post requests to upload several hundred KBytes.

With GET there are size restrictions which are limited by
the browser, the http server and sometimes even by the
proxies between the browser and your web server.

The limit is typically a few thousend bytes.

What you are doing is a GET.

To do a post from HTML/JavaScript you need a form
with method="post". The data you want to send
must be a value of a input field (not part of
the action url, that has the same limitations
as the GET method).