I'm trying to use Basic authentication and session variables as a way of
protecting my pages in all aspects. One problem arises when the user logs in
and then they hit the back button on the browser and try logging in again;
the old session variable is there but in the end it creates a new one? I
don't understand why this is happening.

My other problem is that the code is returning a null value for
req.getAuthType......y would this occur?

Steve G
Software Engineer