That's exactly what I meant by writing:

> the main purpose of jspc is to get rid of your jsp-files since it
> simply converts them to servlet (and generates the correct
> servlet-config for your web.xml).

Sorry, if I wasn't clear enough on that point.
Jspc generates the corresponding java-classes and the servlet mapping for
your web-xml as well, if you want. But what I (and others perhaps) need, is
to precompile the jsps at startup *AND* deploy the jsp-source. The advantage
of deploying the jsp-source is to be able to make short corrections in a
fast way (spelling mistakes and things - really a common and not an abstract
case) without redeploying everything and restarting the server (because I
would not run a production server with a reloadable context - performance
issues).
So I would like to precompile all jsps at startup and want the tomcat to
recompile changed jsps. That's not possible with jspc. And thus, I would
love to see (and implement if I find the right "hook" :) such a feature - if
others find it useful too...

pero