Hi all,

I'm having a problem when I try to install a web app on Tomcat 4.0.1, the file was
produced by Jbuilder 5.
I can install apps ok when not in a .WAR file.

It's a simple servlet that returns the current time, The war file appears to be OK.

It contains the following:

WEB-INF/web.xml

web.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>
<web-app>
  <display-name>TimeServlet</display-name>
  <description>Used to test tomcat installation </description>
  <distributable />
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>gettime</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>timservlet.GetTime</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>gettime</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/gettime</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
  </session-config>
</web-app>

WEB-INF/classes/timservlet/GetTime.class
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

When I try

http://{server}:8180/manager/install?path=/time&war=jar:file:/var/tomcat4/webapps/timservlet.war!/

I get the following exception

FAIL - Encountered exception java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/tomcat4/webapps/timservlet/WEB-INF/classes/timservlet/GetTime.class (No such file
or
directory)

Tomcat 4.0.1 is running as user Tomcat4 in group Tomcat4, the War file is also owned
by tomcat4 and in group tomcat4.

Any suggestions as to how I can get my servlet installed.