Hi there,
Tomcat 4.0.1 on Solaris (SunOS 5.6), JDK 1.3.1, trying to run a
a jsp page gives the following error:

/home/shapira/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/work/localhost/MyDrugDiscovery/jsp/utils/sql$jsp.java:309:
Incompatible type for method. Explicit cast needed to convert
java.lang.Throwable to java.lang.Exception.
            if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
                                                                     ^
1 error

        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:284)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:546)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:177)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:189)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
(snip)

There's no line ilke the above anywhere in my code, so it must be
internal
somewhere.

Any clues?

When I try to run jsp to pre-compile the file, I get a
java.util.EmptyStackException -- what's that all about??

Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Pharmaceuticals
[EMAIL PROTECTED]