Hi

Does anyone know how to take advantage of Tomcat 4.0 container managed
security features using a swing client?

I appreciate that the using j_security_check flag from a jsp client sets the
user's credentials which are intercepted by the container. Then container
can then perform the realm queries etc. But how I can take advantage of this
type of container managed security from a swing client? How can I set the
users credentials from a swing client so that the container may intercept
the call?

Do I have to code a POST request from the swing client which uses the
j_security_check OR is this completely the wrong way to go about it?

hope someone can help

-Daniel