Just a note on the URL after you get the driver working:

> connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority?user=test;password=test"

The connection URL should have an amperstand encoded instead of a semicolon
before password.  It's unique to MySQL's JDBC driver and isn't done with any
others that I know of.  Here's the correct URL string:

jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority?user=test&password=test

The & has to be encoded as & per XML spec, but is decoded to & when TC
contacts the MySQL database.

--David