From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 1:47 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: IIS 5 Tomcat Configuration

If you see jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll being requested as if
it were a page, it means that isapi_redirect.dll is being
called recursively.  It may only be used as a filter
once for it to work correctly.

I don't have time to actually test the following right now,
but you are welcome to try these.

If you want both sites to access the same instance of
Tomcat, I believe you can move the filter up one level
to the "computer" node.  That way the single
isapi_redirect.dll will be used by both sites.

If you want to have each access a separate version of
Tomcat or use a different configuration, there is a not yet
documented feature in the Tomcat 3.3 version of
isapi_redirect.dll to allow you to pull this off.

When the isapi_redirect.dll is loaded, it will try to
determine its full path.  It will then try to read a
properties file with the same full path but an extension
of ".properties" instead of ".dll".  If this file exists,
it will be used to obtain the settings instead of the
registry.  Thus, add the filter to the first site in the
usual way.  Then for the second site, make a copy of the
isapi_redirect.dll in the same directory and rename it,
for example "isapi_redirect2.dll".  Create a file named
isapi_redirect2.properties in the same directory
containing:

    extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect2.dll
    log_file=<path to log file>
    log_level=<desired level>
    worker_file=<path to worker.properties>
    worker_mount_file=<path to uriworkermap.properties>

Add isapi_redirect2.dll to the second site as a filter.
You could set up the first isapi_redirect.dll to use
a properties file too, if desired.  The result of this
is that you get two instances of the filter rather than
one which calls itself recursively.

This is supposed to work.  However, I haven't yet
actually tried this, which is why it isn't yet documented.
Let me know if you try this and you have problems.

Cheers,
Larry