----- Original Message -----
From: "Yinghui (Susan) Zeng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: java.lang.OutOfMemory error

> Thank you.  This helps me understand more.  But I am not running a
> standalone java program.  I using tomcat, running servlet and jsp.  Where
> should I specify these options? in environment variable?
>
> Susan

I am not sure, I think you need to edit catalina.bat in CATALINA_HOME/bin,
for example,
update the following:
*       _STARTJAVA
*       %_STARTJAVA%
%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA
_HOME%"
         org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 start

and add java -Xmsn/-Xmxn into them.

Bo
Dec.05, 2001